About Pam Lushington
I have been working with the charitable sector in Canada since 1992. During that time I have facilitated the incorporation and charitable registration of hundreds of foundations and charitable organizations and assisted many with the set up and maintenance of their accounting records and receipting procedures and with corporate compliance.
I have also prepared financial statements and annual T3010A returns for over 200 different charities including grant making foundations and charitable organizations with activities both in Canada and overseas. As well I have worked with chartered and certified general accountants to prepare T3010A returns for their charity clients.
I have a diploma in Business Administration from Langara College.
- 1996 - Course coordinator, and speaker at a Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia course on Not-for-Profits for Legal Assistants
- 1998 - Speaker on the topic of the Incorporation and Maintenance of Not-for-Profits at a Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia course for Lawyers.
- Guest lecturer for British Columbia Institute of Technology course for charity administrators.
Consultation with Government Agencies
- 1998 – 2005 invited by Ministry of Industry, corporate affairs, to participate in ongoing discussion groups with respect to proposed amendment of Part II of the Canada Corporations Act
- 2002 met with representatives of Canada Revenue Agency, Charities Directorate for consultations on proposed amendments to T3010 Information Charity Return
- 2004 invited by British Columbia Registrar of Companies Office to participate in discussions regarding amendments to the Society Act of British Columbia