Official Tax Receipts
Canadian charities rely on donor support and so it is imperative that your charity understands and follows the required procedures to record its donation income and issue official tax receipts. Canada Revenue Agency may reject a donor’s receipt if it does not meet the criteria as set out in Section 3501 of the Regulations to the Income Tax Act.
- Review of basic format of tax receipt to ensure it meets with CRA requirements
- Review and set up of recordkeeping procedures relating to donations received
- Prepare tax receipts for cash gifts
- Prepare tax receipts for gifts in kind
- Assistance to ascertain the eligible amount and prepare donation receipts for fundraising events